So here it is, the Canon 1DX-Mark II. On first glance this camera is a total beast. Some overall highlights taken from this video are:
- Improved weather sealing and durability
- 4K video with the ability to grab still frames
- Touch screen Live View monitor allowing for touch screen focus
- Dual Pixel CMOS sensor
Still Photo Features
CFast memory card allows for up to 14fps burst with shutter, or 16fps in Live View up to 170 sequential RAW images. That's over 10 seconds of shutter glory before the memory card needs to buffer. This also includes full servo autofocus.
Continuous live view in burst photo mode
- Improved low light sensitivity
- Dual chip autofocus which is supposed to create absolutely astonishing results. I will wait until I actually try this before I rave about it.
- Continous silent mode shooting up to 5FPS
- Flicker detection
- 4K resolution with the ability to grab still frames in-camera
- 4K up to 60fps / 1080p up to 120fps
- 4:2:2 uncompressed HDMI output in 4K
- Mic / Line input selection for audio input
- Touch screen focus while filming
- Dual chip autofocus and the ability to choose a multitude of ways to utilize that depending on the subject.
Chris Stenberg is a photographer, filmmaker, occasional wordsmith, and traveller. In his spare time you can find him hanging out with his family and/or biking and boarding in the mountains of British Columbia.